This is to assure you that our office is a safe place. Our staff will continue, as always, to strictly adhere to CDC mandates for infection control and prevention of disease transmission.
These include, but are not limited to the following:
- Any instrument used to penetrate tissue or contact blood will be steam-sterilized.
- Steam sterilizers (autoclaves) are tested weekly for effectiveness.
- If such an instrument is not reusable or cannot withstand steam sterilization, it will be disposed of in medical waste containers.
- Environmental surfaces, which could become contaminated such as countertops, dental chairs, drawer handles, and containers will be covered with protective barriers and/or disinfected with a hospital-grade disinfect.
- All staff will wear personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, gowns, and goggles during patient treatment and treatment area setup.
- Any staff member showing cold, flu, or other symptoms of upper respiratory disease will not be allowed to work.
- All patients will be given an antimicrobial mouth rinse prior to treatment or examination.
- Patients will clean their hands with hand sanitizer before and after handling removable dental appliances.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of surfaces outside of patient treatment areas.
What we ask of you:
- If you are experiencing symptoms of cold, flu, or other upper respiratory diseases, please delay any non-emergency dental appointments until you are well.
- Please wash your hands before and after using our facilities.
- Cover your mouth when coughing and sneezing.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.